By the way, Direct Fed Microbials are also known as probiotics or digestive enzymes. Why are probiotics so important to add to your cat or dog's daily routine? Read on!
Your cat and dog have a whole world of activity taking place in their guts. This is a mix of good bacteria and bad bacteria. In a balanced GI (gastrointestinal) track, the good bacteria out numbers the bad, keeping a healthy balance of regulation for your pet's body. That good/friendly bacteria help to support your pet's largest immune organ, the digestive track. This same good/friendly bacteria helps to also support your pet with keeping digestive issues like gas, runny or soft stool or even constipation, at bay by supporting digestion.
As you know, the immune system is responsible in the fight to keep your pet in top notch condition from ailments. A strong immune function aids your pet in the fight against allergens and illness. Without the proper support, an immune function will decline, creating pathway for the bad bacteria to overrun our pet's wellbeing.
A few causes that can weaken immune function or overrun a GI track of bad bacteria,
may include the following:
Poor quality of diet - Foods and treats that are heavy in carbs, grains, and starches unfortunately, feed into the overgrowth of yeast and bad bacteria. Our dogs and cats require a diet that is geared to their natural digestion. The best way to feed our cat or dog is to feed a food the is of a quality meat-base.
Antibiotics and/or steroids - Sometimes the body needs a little TLC in the way of a medication, but unfortunately these medications can create pathways for other ailments. Use of an antibiotic can really set the whole GI track into a spin. Antibiotics do not differentiate the clearing of good or bad bacteria. (Remember, the largest immune organ is the digestive track.) This can cause gas, runny stool and even constipation. The use of a steroids on the other hand can also do incredible damage to the immune system.
Change in routine - Just something as simple as a daily routine change, traveling, changing food or even your pet eating something they should not, can create havoc to your pet's immune function and digestive track.
Exposure/consumption of chemicals or toxins - Our dogs can absorb environmental elements through their paws. With this in mind, think of everything your pet may have walked across. What do you clean your homes flooring with? Did you or a neighbor use a fertilizer or pesticide in the yard? Was the lake/pond/bucket of water your pet drank from contaminant free? Did your pet purposely eat/taste something they should not have had access to? There are so many ways for our pets to have exposure to chemicals and toxins. Because of this, we need to take steps in their routine (and ours too!) in the support of immune function and digestion.
How should I use LickOchops with my cat and dog?
We recommend using Lickochops stand-alone product and as a nutritious addition to Dinovite nutritional supplements, Dinovite for Cats and/or Dinovite for Dogs. Your dog or cat will love the flavor of LickOchops highly absorbable omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, as well as the now added probiotics. Finicky pet? Add LickOchops to their routine to enhance foods as well as nutrition. Pet's with a low appetite? The delicious flavor of LickOchops can build the appetite and also of course add in missing nutrients that your pet requires for supported skin, coat and immune function. Just looking to give your pet excellent nutrition in a easy and tasty way? Look no further than Bottled LickOchops. Bottled LickOchops contains:
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 - Fatty Acids that support skin, coat and joints.
- Natural Vitamin E - Vital vitamin to skin support.
- Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product dehydrated - Direct fed microbial that helps support immune system and digestive tract.
- Aspergillus niger fermentation product dehydrated - Direct fed microbial that helps support immune system and digestive tract.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated - Direct fed microbial that helps support immune system and digestive tract.
- Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated - Direct fed microbial that helps support immune system and digestive tract.
- Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated - Direct fed microbial that helps support immune system and digestive tract.
- Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated - Direct fed microbial that helps support immune system and digestive track