Hi there! Thanks for reading! If you are here, more than likely your dog has a yeast infection. Today we are going to learn about some ways to help make your dog more comfortable while getting rid of a yeast infection. 

The first thing I want to talk about is that no matter how many creams you apply, baths you give, or medications you use, If the diet is filled with carbs, starches, and grains, treating a yeast infection topically will never give lasting relief from the itching, scratching, ear issues etc. the only way to truly manage yeast, is by diet. The way to fully get rid of yeast overgrowth is by eliminating the source the yeast feeds on. Carbs, starches, and grains all feed yeast. Eliminate these and the body will begin to purge the excess yeast. For more in-depth info about yeast infections in dogs and how to get rid of them click here. 

Now that we know what causes yeast overgrowth, and how to get rid of it, let's learn about some ways to help them be more comfortable during the process of purging this yeast. One of which is iodine. 

PVP Iodine is a natural disinfectant. it has been used for many years to sterilize and kill bacteria and germs on the surface of the skin. Bathing your dog with iodine shampoo such as the Durvet iodine shampoo helps to cleanse away germs and bacteria on the skin' surface thus helping keep yeast from spreading or worsening on the surface.

Salicylic acid is another great way to help with yeast. Salicylic acid helps to break up and lift away rough dead skin, or crusty dried areas on the skin, leaving it smooth less itchy. Durvet's Iodine shampoo uses PVP Iodine, and salicylic acid in a soft base of natural glycerin and coconut to help cleanse and disinfect naturally without drying the skin. for the best relief, wet your dog's fur and lather; letting it set for 5 minutes before rinsing, focusing on the areas they have the most discomfort. 

If your dog's paws are raw, itchy and yeasty, add a little Durvet iodine shampoo to a small bowl of warm water. submerge your pooch's feet into the solution for 5 minutes, and pat dry. 

* DO NOT USE ON CATS. Iodine is toxic to cats if ingested.*